Firefly Online Forum
Game Not Showing Up - Printable Version

+- Firefly Online Forum (http://forum.fireflyonline.website)
+-- Forum: Firefly Online (http://forum.fireflyonline.website/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bug reports and workarounds (http://forum.fireflyonline.website/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Game Not Showing Up (/showthread.php?tid=935)

Pages: 1 2

Game Not Showing Up - bythewayBTW - 04-26-2016

Hey, so I've got this problem - must be a bug or something, though it's been happening for a while, but I'll turn on my computer, click on Steam, click on Firefly Online Cortex, let it load, and - well, the game isn't there. The Cortex App loads up, but Firefly Online just won't show up. It refuses to.

No one else seems to have a problem with this. That's not to say the game has shown up for them, either; no! I mean that no one else seems to have a problem with the fact that the game hasn't shown up. In fact, those people keep reassuring me it'll show up tomorrow. Which was yesterday. Every day. So, every day, I turn on my computer, click on Steam, click on Firefly Online Cortex, let it load, and - by jove - Firefly Online still isn't there.

Does anyone else have this problem, or are you also in on the "it'll be there, tomorrow" joke?

RE: Game Not Showing Up - bythewayBTW - 04-30-2016

33+ views and no responses. Have you all been paid for your silence (more misappropriated funds that AREN'T going into the game), or do you legitimately not get what I'm talking about? Either way, it's a sad, sad thing.

RE: Game Not Showing Up - Welshlogic - 04-30-2016

hey how is this for a response

We all are waiting for this game and we are all fed up with waiting but as there seems to be some LEGAL hold up there is nothing that can be fixed by posts on any forum asking where the game is in order of starting a flamewar, yes we are all tired of waiting but the last post from mech was "We're still here. We're still flyin'. Game is still in development. Stay tuned." That last bit there tells me that the game is still in development and that the legal hold up shold be sorted soon.

So please try to remember we are all browncoats here and we all want the same thing. I agree that the comms blackout is a crappy move but that was already explain by the devs as not wanting to put out info of the game for it to change, and upset the fanbase anymore ...and im sure anyone could see this legal holdup may ALSO have something to do with it.

Please join in what little conversation there is on these boards so far, but lets not poke the space monkeys for no reason.

RE: Game Not Showing Up - Yellowjacket - 04-30-2016

I'll admit it. I thought the first post was funny.

RE: Game Not Showing Up - Tin-Can - 05-01-2016

I was unsure how to take this post. My first thought wasn't BTW's stinging sarcasm. I thought he meant the Cortex wouldn't load for him and how wonderful karma is...

RE: Game Not Showing Up - Mickey Mirage - 05-06-2016

(05-01-2016, 06:33 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: how wonderful karma is...
haha

and I envy your ability and energy to continue to spell it out, Welshlogic. Don't know how you can be bothered to in this case but credit where it's due.

RE: Game Not Showing Up - bythewayBTW - 05-22-2016

Oh, wait - you're saying that it would have Karma getting me back for NOT having the Cortex App load?

Aha. Ahahaha. Ahahahahahahaha.
Ahhhh. Ha.

I'll leave that right there.

(04-30-2016, 12:32 PM)Welshlogic Wrote: hey how is this for a response

We all are waiting for this game and we are all fed up with waiting but as there seems to be some LEGAL hold up there is nothing that can be fixed by posts on any forum asking where the game is in order of starting a flamewar, yes we are all tired of waiting but the last post from mech was "We're still here. We're still flyin'. Game is still in development. Stay tuned." That last bit there tells me that the game is still in development and that the legal hold up shold be sorted soon.

So please try to remember we are all browncoats here and we all want the same thing. I agree that the comms blackout is a crappy move but that was already explain by the devs as not wanting to put out info of the game for it to change, and upset the fanbase anymore ...and im sure anyone could see this legal holdup may ALSO have something to do with it.

Please join in what little conversation there is on these boards so far, but lets not poke the space monkeys for no reason.

So, it'll be here tomorrow?

RE: Game Not Showing Up - Tin-Can - 05-22-2016

Let's break this down mathematically. According to Genesis, God created the world and everything in it in seven days. We know it took a bit longer, so days to God are pretty long to us. When my wife goes out for "5" minutes, it is actually more like three hours to me. Don't even get me started on "Dog Years". So if we figure out where Devs fall in the universal perceived time / actual time ratio, you'll have your answer. If they're like Gods, it will only be nano-seconds, if they're like my wife...well, you may want to pack a lunch.

RE: Game Not Showing Up - Haides - 05-26-2016

easy guys...

RE: Game Not Showing Up - ZeroFox - 06-03-2016

(04-30-2016, 12:32 PM)Welshlogic Wrote: hey how is this for a response

So I have asked this a few different times, though not on here... Where is it coming from that there is a legal hold up?  I have yet to see anyone saying that outside of speculation.  It always a "friend of a friend" type crap, or someone saw a cryptic message that said nothing about legal action.  Maybe I missed something?